When we're troubleshooting latency or network issues, sometimes we may ask you to provide us with a Traceroute Result. A Traceroute Result displays the route path and measures the transit delays of packets across an Internet Protocol Network. By attaching a tracert.txt file to your ticket, it will allow us to see the IP’s step-by-step connection/destination path, and ultimately help assist us in identifying the cause of the network issue.
1. In the Windows Search Field, type cmd.
2. Right-click on “Command Prompt” or “CMD.exe” and select “Run as Administrator”.
3. Once the console is open, enter the command tracert [ip] > c:\tracert.txt and press "Enter".
*Replace the “[ip]” with the appropriate IP address from the list below. Run this command once per IP address for your region*
4. Allow a few minutes for the traceroute to complete. When you see a new line of text in the command prompt, the traceroute is done. This creates a file on your C: drive called “tracert.txt”.
*If you receive an error, you did not run the command prompt in Administrator Mode. Go back to step three and please try again.*
5. Attach the “tracert.txt” file to your Support Ticket and let us work our magic!